Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 2 (Cause Day 1 is Boring)

So- potty training Gabby at age 2 years and 5 months. Not that I'm caring what age she is. But she is MOST definitely ready! She can undress in the middle of the night. She stays dry for hours at a time. She follows simple directions. The one thing they don't tell you about is to take your child's personality in to account. Basically, I feel like I am training the stubborn, head-strong version of Ted and myself. That, for anyone who hadn't figured it out, is IMPOSSIBLE! So- to start with Ted started day 1. Gabby was up at 7am as I was getting up to go to work so Ted got her first and tried to get her to sit on the potty chair. She SCREAMED! And the again. I got up grabbed a few toys and headed in to help. We tried to make it exciting but at 7 am Gabby is not easily amused. Finally she sat on the potty. And did nothing. This is the theme. We are wearing pull ups now. So all day Ted sat her on the potty for awhile, she did nothing, then put her pull ups on, and 10 minutes later she peed. We went through 3 pull ups on day 1. Day 2 started a little better. It was Saturday so I was home and Ted didn't have to go to work until later so we were up at 8:30 (thank god she slept in later!) Again, no to the potty chair and finally gave in. She sits on this darn chair for 10 - 20 minutes at a time and nothing happens. I have never seen her wet her pull ups so I don't know what she looks like when she pees. We managed to have a couple poopys on the potty chair but I believe that was an accident, not on purpose. Either way she gets a sticker and she puts them on top of the potty chair. I really thought after day 1 exposure day 2 we would start peeing, but apparently I was wrong. I really wish I knew Gabby's signals so I could catch her when she had the feeling! Oy- this is gonna be hard! I guess if it was easy there wouldn't be a billion web sites, books, dvds. Haha! More at the end of day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment