Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 5 - First day at sitters too!

So today was another milestone. We went to the sitters with only pull ups. She has 2 kids who are potty trained and a potty chair. I figured these are the requirements for proper potty training. I explained out process as if it was some kind of miracle that I had secretly found. Ask her to sit on the potty at regular intervals. Amazing. So Gabby spent the day with the sitter and a potty chair. Per the sitter she peed twice. I think I believe her as there are older kids there. But I'm not sure. Either way we took her to the dollar store for a toy (and a toy supply). She picked a stick horse. Rode it all over the dollar store. She found many other things that she wanted but we managed to talk her in to just one. I got a couple things that were good gift toys. Ted and I explained that the toy was for peeing in the potty like a big girl. She didn't seem to quite get this. As we drove home I tried to reiterate why she got a toy. I think maybe we connected. Who knows. Last night was probably stronger connection as it was right after she peed. Now we've taken a bath, brushed our teeth and are ready for bed. (All that was thanks to Ted as I've been typing this whole time) SLACKER! So tomorrow is day 2 at the sitters. Maybe we can keep up the peeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment